Before students can access any book content their teacher must create a class and share the class code.
On initial startup, your dashboard will be blank and your students will not be connected to your teacher account or see books.
Why create a class?
When a teacher sets up a class on sciPAD Online you create a class code with workbooks attached. When a student adds this code, their book and class dashboard will be automatically created. When a student joins a class this will use up assigned school wide seats for the workbook being used.
You can create a class by following the instructions in the short video below:
Important information/ FAQ
- Can we have multiple teachers for a class? Currently we can give multiple teachers “admin” access to class lists so they can view and interact with multiple classes.
- Once a student enters your class code they will have access to all of the books you have linked to that class (if school seats remain, a warning will appear if the school does not have enough seats for a particular workbook).
- Book titles can be added but not removed from a class as the seats would have been distributed to students. Please email email@example.com if you would like this to happen.
- If a student changes class they will need to enter the class code for the new teacher. The existing teacher can delete the student from their class list.
- If you have a special circumstance when some of the class are using different workbooks you will need to create a class for each group/workbook and have seperate class codes.